15 July 2007

Still Alive

Many things have happened that I don't feel like chronicling, but the main point is that yes, I am still alive. And yes, I am a very, very bad blogger. The picture below is from a Hiro Ballroom party that Marla and I went to and continue to go to every week (with the exception of the courtney love performance last week). I meant to write about it more, but alas. That week was Boys Noize and Kerowack (very good). There was this girl dj in between the two that basically blew my mind. Best party since london. The next week was Chromeo, which was basically a shitshow in every sense of the term. Lots of Columbia kids. Very sweaty. But the music is fun and let's face it, the guy knows how to dress. I tell my fellow students that don't know who he is to just look out for the sharpest dresser in Butler Library. I think when he's not on tour he lives there.

In lieu of Courtney Love last thursday, Marla and I went to Beauty Bar for the Maximo Park afterparty and had one of the best nights I've had this summer. It was one of those nights where everything happened for a reason. There were no mistakes and no regrets. Hints? There was pizza, good conversation, at least one free drink, a little bit of dancing AND the dancing was to the smiths. okay and throw in an extra cute and funny musician or two. pretty good night.

I've been trying to figure out exactly where my time is going. This is the first summer I've worked full time, and boy that eats away at your days, doesn't it? The job is nice, steady, even fun at times and for an office job it's probably one of the best I could have. The people are great too. But when I stop to think about the summer as a whole, this one seems to be passing so much faster. Like it's being swallowed before I can really appreciate it. It's difficult to stop and notice something while it's still happening. I guess thems the breaks.

But anyway, let me not ignore the important part of this summer - that I'm subletting an awesomely real new york apartment close to campus with my friends and I got a haircut and some extra cute clothes. We're a little trifecta, we are. Marla makes sure we always have beer, I clean, and Pooja invites people over. I realize this makes me sound like the lame one, but really - I can't help it.
roommate picture:

marla, me, pooja.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's cute that each of you have duties! I think I'd be the one that cleans...I'm so anal about that. But sadly, my last roommate experience went very, very sour. So I live on my own now - and I pull triple duty - I make sure I have the booze, I clean, AND I invite people. Sad!

So I'm confused - are you back in NYC? Or where are you now?

adrienne said...

yup! in the city.

Anonymous said...

awesomeness - how was London?

can't stop... won't stop