11 August 2005

Family Ties

I've commuted back and forth from Jersey City too many times. Going home is very welcome - even if it is three days later than I expected.

These few days I have enjoyed the time that I've been able to spend with my family. I barely see them all at once, so it's great to observe the crazy in its normal, 100% concentrated form. Today on the way to visit my grandmother and great aunt at the senior center my mom coughed in the car. People cough all the time, right? Oh... no, they don't. She looked at me and said, "I think I have the Hanta Virus." As my mom, my grandmother and I were eating and chatting over lunch, my grandmother let it slip (or rather stressed) what she thinks of Angelina Jolie and her mother. "Them Obeah!"

By the way, an Obeah is a voodoo witch.

No comments:

can't stop... won't stop