08 April 2006

Columbia Community Outreach

I just got back from painting a ridiculously nice apartment in a high rise by the river. It's close to Times Square and a couple of years ago Oprah renovated it. My group got paint all over the other walls and the floor (and the carpet), but you know it was for a good cause.

So, the way they get Columbia Students to do these nice things? Well, they gave us free transporation and three free meals, including drinks. We also got free t-shirts and we were all entered in a raffle to win an ipod nano. At the end, the coordinators had so much food they gave it all away, and my friends made off with a month's supply of Snapples and a week's worth of pizza. Or as I like to call it in college terms, dinner for tonight and breakfast for tomorrow. I'm sure only about 10% of it will survive long enough to see the break of day.

My friend also won the ipod nano, which I'm sure he has subsequently dropped, bless his heart.

No comments:

can't stop... won't stop