08 July 2005

FEELING THE ILLINOISE

I got Sufjan Stevens' newest one yesterday. It's great. I'm inclined to say that I like it a little more than Michigan, just because it doesn't depress me as much. Not to say Michigan isn't good - it's just hopelessly depressing. I've tried to listen to it all the way through and I can't. It makes me too sad.
It'll be interesting to see which state he chooses next. Of course, I'm supposed to say that he should do Ohio or New York next, but I'd like to see him do a state like Tennessee. or maybe Hawaii. Yeah, those would be nice.

I had work today and we only have about 20 applications left for sonicbids entering and internet harrassing. These applications are left over either because they left part of their application incomplete or their payment bounced. The deadbeats have been pretty good at getting back to me though. Funny how the word URGENT in the title of an email will do that. Notifications start monday! So if you know someone in a band, tell them to watch out (not necessarily in a bad way). But the line up for Sept. should solidify quite a bit in the next few weeks and I'm excited to see what happens.

Also - I saw the first episode of the new Surreal Life today. It's crazy. When the show first came out I thought it was one of the lamest things put on television. "Who'd want to watch that?" I'd think. But, oh - they struck gold with this cast. Bronson Pinchot, Janice Dickinson, Pepa, Omarosa, Caprice, Corey Hart, Jose Conseco. They have a three-legged dog named Lucky and a house that looks like a Carnival that imploded just to regurgitate itself. I think I might watch every episode.

1 comment:

Satisfied '75 said...

cool. sounds like you got one of the "superman" ones. may be a collectors item one day

can't stop... won't stop