05 September 2005

IT ENDED ON A SODA FILLED STAGE

Finally! Orientation is over! The last NSOP event was today, thank god. I can finally go back to a normal schedule. But not before working the soda table at the Lerner Party.

My group and I had to refill all the little cups of soda as freshmen (and non freshmen) took them, but only after enduring the "is this diet pepsi? which ones diet? this is diet? okay!" inquisition from 98% of them. Evidently our system of putting the bottles (2 liters and clearly labeled with the name of the soda) in front of the cups was not obvious enough for them. The whole time I was there only one girl really got the system, but that was enough to restore my faith in the freshman class. After our shift was over (10:30) all I wanted to do was "GRR" really loudly and flip over the table. It would have been awesome. Grring, muscle flexing, table flipping, soda spilling. Everyone at the Lerner party would have remembered it, and it would've been at the least, empowering. Really, my whole group could have done it with me. It would have been a goodbye event since we won't be together anymore. Glorious table flipping and subsequent freshman covered in soda. We'd go grr and flex the guns, running away... maybe even ape style.

But really, that's ridiculous. Doing something like that would have incredibly bad consequences, including the cleaning of said soda from the floors.. from the freshman. Even if we didn't have to clean it up, I would feel awful making anyone else clean it up. Still, it's pretty great to think about. A moment to flip out, sheer ridiculous anti-rage. Running, awesomeness. Maybe even stomping on all the paper cups (King-Kong Style). I would've laughed a lot. I'd like to think the pure adrenaline from something like that would keep me going all night, but the truth is I'd probably feel really bad afterwards. Bad and ridiculous. But at least I'd be smiling.

No comments:

can't stop... won't stop