21 September 2005

WE ALL GET PAID

So New York magazine put this Salary list. I was just casually breezing through it, inserting the occasional "wow!" and such when I reached these:
Edward Lampert
$1.02 billion
Manager, ESL Investments hedge fund

James Simons
$670 million
Manager, Renaissance Technologies Corp. hedge fund

Bruce Kovner
$550 million

Manager, Caxton Associates hedge fund



and I said, "holy shit."
No, seriously. That is so much money.
How on earth does someone make that much money? How can a company afford to pay anyone that much money? Do Ed, Jim and Bruce realize how much money that is? They must not even count it anymore. I'm sure on the weekends they all get together in one of their many weekend homes and sit in a circle of ominous leather chairs, tapping their fingers like Mr.Burns and planning world domination.

"Hahaha! So Jim, Bruce, have you fellows realized that I could single-handedly solve all individual debt problems in the US and still maintain my current lifestyle? Haha! Haha! They wish..peons."

No comments:

can't stop... won't stop