29 April 2005

AND SO BEGINS MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH ADAM GREEN


He had me at hello.


I have to say, his concert tonight was the best concert I've ever been to. I don't mean best as in he put on a better show than anyone else I've seen - I mean it was the most comfortable, enjoyable show that I've ever had the pleasure of attending. Adam Green is such a regular guy; he was never snobby or aloof. He put on a great show and I was basically smiling the whole time. You could tell everyone there was a fan - there was so much love in that room. And of course, the love for the man with the crazy green eyes only grew when he deviated from the setlist to take requests. He took probably as many if not more requests than songs on the setlist. It would have been great if someone had called out "Friends of Mine," but he did play "Bluebirds" and "Carolina" which are some of my other favorites. If I had to see an Adam Green show everyday for the rest of my life, I'd probably be the better for it. I felt like I was sitting in a room of friends watching one of my other friends perform. It was great. Seriously. Most concerts take something out of you emotionally or physically, but this one just made me happy. I have so much energy right now! too bad I have to go to bed. (oral exam tomorrow)

traditional setlist, but probably about half of what he ended up playing:


It was such a nice show - even the drugged up gratuitously making out couple next to me couldn't make me unhappy!

The openers were the Gnomes (which later backed Adam) and the Witnesses. I reccomend them both!

No comments:

can't stop... won't stop