18 April 2005

PREFROSH & HOMEWORK

As it has been a little bit since a real entry, I'll bite the bullet and write one now. So, no - I did not end up going to see that brilliant show at CBGBs and I very much regret it. In addition to feeling weird head pounding, my friend backed out on me, so I really didn't want to go alone. Because let's face it... unless the concert is really, really good and you're really into the band (ex. I would go see the Strokes alone anyday) or the people are crazy friendly and really nice (the Arcade Fire), going to concerts alone sucks. No matter how good the bands are.

So instead I did something that must not have been very eventful because I have no recollection of what it was. I spent most of the weekend trying to write these two papers that I had to turn into today, one spanish composition and one lit hum essay. Managed to pound them both out in less than 24 hours at weird intervals on saturday night/sunday morning. Stayed up writing until my show, played some tunes, and then came back here. The show was pretty tame considering I planned it all into my ipod before hand. Funny thing? Even though the show was virtually idiot proof, I still made mistakes. story of my life. The show was also made managable by conversation via aim with Matt. crazily enough we have almost the same air time on sunday mornings! talk about coincidences. He runs a wonderful audioblog that you should all check out...

anyway. I walked back to the dorm. crashed. picked up prefrosh, wrote composition. sketchiness ensued.

My prefrosh pretty much ditched me, choosing instead to do the activities scheduled for them (lame!). Well, no. not lame. they're supposed to do stuff like that, and it was actually nice not having to entertain them all the time. they were good people and I enjoyed hosting them. Other prefrosh? Sketchy! There was tons of drunkness happening. There was some kegger on 4 and a bunch of other party type things going on, but truthfully, none of that stuff really ever happens here. I don't exactly know because I was doing my homework, but the stories I heard today were... interesting. How interesting? Well, let's say they included throwing up, lapdances, a british guy, and a livejournal pajama party (yeah, i'm confused too). The coolest story I heard (by far) was that one of the prefrosh kids was the son in Gladiator. that's pretty freakin cool.

There was a pretty large population of ED kids here which made me really happy... and don't get me wrong, only a percentage of the prefrosh were really sketchy. A few of them I really liked and would be friends with if that kind of thing happened here. too bad it doesn't.

As I plan to party this week (no class tomorrow or thursday!), stay tuned for some interesting 1st person prefrosh narratives. it'll be interesting, if anything.

promising to be more interesting later,

adrienne

ps. you can hear the new white stripes single at matt's blog... it's... different. still rocks out though. listen and form your own opinion!

pps. I just realized that because of my early start on sunday, the archive cuts off my show! boo. so just listen to another week I guess? yeah.

No comments:

can't stop... won't stop