27 April 2005

HMMM

well it seems that all I've really talked about on here so far is music and/or the concerts I've been to, but I really don't mean this to be any kind of music/audioblog. There are far more and far better blogs out there that I couldn't hold a candle to (even if I tried really hard).

It just so happens that music seems to rule my life. Not that I don't like it - in fact, it rules my life because I love it. I actually feel kinda boring sometimes because it's the only thing that I really have to talk about. and I don't even know that much about it! I was at my internship today listening to submissions and it was extremely tiring. I was racking my brain trying to think of all these comparisons of older music that I could make with the music I was listening to and after an hour or so I was pretty much out of ideas. So, yeah. I like music. But I really don't know anything about it.

For example, the whole Bloc Party - Gang of Four comparison. Bloc Party is awesome (as my next concert description will attest), but I had no idea who Gang of Four was. In fact, the only reason that I've known about Bloc Party as long as I have was by the pure luck of hearing them on a late night radio show back at home, so when people mentioned Gang of Four my response was usually "what?" Until now, of course. I recently aquired some and I must say that I like it - the first song I listened to was "Ether" and I was like, woah! bloc party sounds exactly like this!
So even though it's cool to find out about these kinds of things; it's also kind of intimidating. What else don't I know about? Is there anyway for me to really learn it all?
I don't think there is - and well, that kinda sucks.

But anyway - the point of this was really to tell you that I do other things besides go to concerts and the like. It won't seem like that this week though as it's the last week of class before finals, and I'm doing logging and listening stuff at work. and it doesn't help that I'm going 2 more concerts...

No comments:

can't stop... won't stop