19 June 2005

ABSENT

Sorry I haven't been around lately, but my friends are actually exisiting now! So instead of me sitting around here, I've been going out. Neal came in this weekend and drove Marla and I up and down Manhattan. We even drove into Brooklyn not knowing at all where we were going and ended up finding the most amazing spot that I've seen in the entire city. I made a dog friend and we took cool pictures. (yes, my fascination with dogs is growing.) Who knew there was a mini waterfront park between two bridges? I sure didn't! But now I do. The neighborhood down there is really strange too. They have these huge luxury condos next to trash dumps and abandoned warehouses. I'd like to think it's a hidden gem.
I'm sure lots of people know about it.

So I've been given an opportunity to go to Philly next weekend to see some of my other friends, but part of me is torn. I'd have to skip out (again) on Knee Deep Snow saturday morning, and I'd miss two concerts Eisley (w/Lovedrug!) and Feist (which should both be amazing). This summer I've been completely let down concert wise because I never go to the shows I really want to. Maximo Park was a treat, but other than that I've been missing everything! So I don't know... but seriously, if there's any chance that we could find a spot in Philly as beautiful as the one we saw last night I'd go in a heartbeat.


small update: I just noticed this over at myspace and it almost made me cry in that sonicbids-will-now-be-my-closest-friend kind of way.

No comments:

can't stop... won't stop