25 May 2005

DAMN YOU, ROCK AND ROLL!

I was going to stay past my usual 3pm at work today because, well, I really don't have anything else to do, but decided against it after I nearly went blind logging submissions for 3 hours. I can't really blame the bands that are sending in their applications now because they're not due until the 13th - so it's not really waiting until the last minute yet. But honestly, I think we've gotten at least an extra hundred or so since Monday, which is seriously ridiculous. What will I do with my 5 hours on friday?! Surely I will lose both my sight and my hearing or something just as wild.

Also, some may hear through the event grapevine or whathaveyou of bands that are already scheduled to play CMJ in september. My boss probably knows all about this, but unfortunately, I really know nothing. I just make sure that all the nice bands that aren't too good for sending in actual applications get into the system and make for some nice pickin' so that the marathon will be all ripe with talent and things. (Oh, look how eloquent I am!)

Anyway, if you have myspace, you can friend CMJ and - upon the acceptance of said friendship - you will be more in-the-know than I am despite my presence in the office 2 days a week! How exciting! So, yes. Go do that.

No comments:

can't stop... won't stop