15 May 2005

STOP MAKING ALARM CLOCKS, SATAN

currently on the other side of my wall there is a blaring alarm clock that has been... well, you guessed it, blaring for the last hour. now, this isn't just my complaint - the beeping is so loud you can hear it from any given position in the hallway. the guy that usually lives there went on a bonding trip with the other leaders of this orientation outdoor program and I don't know when he'll be back. But this is really annoying. I thought my alarm clock was loud and obnoxious after running for an hour if I didn't shut it off, but this alarm clock has been going steady since 10 and it doesn't sound any weaker.

Having learned all about anger management from movies like Happy Gilmore, I always try to find my happy place when something bothers me. I bought Maximo Park tickets last night and I couldn't be happier about it. I will go and I will dance like nothing else. I will shout and yell like nobody's business. I have no money, but I found some for those tickets. It's going to be awesome.

...You know, this happy place thing isn't really working out. There are still loud and intruding beeps every second. If it doesn't stop soon I'm going to have to start accomodating my life to it so it won't bother me. Like a robot alarm clock dance - every move I make will be in time with the beep. I'll be walking down the street and I will only allow my body to make movements that last exactly one second. It'll take me an hour to go buy lunch. Or not.

I'm seriously considering renting a sledgehammer and tearing a huge whole in the wall just so I can experience the sweet satisfaction of bashing that devil contraption into tiny, tiny little pieces.

No comments:

can't stop... won't stop