05 May 2005

GOODIES FROM WORK


all work and no play make the Fine Lines very dull boys

had work today! finished early, as usual. My boss said that it's been unusually slow for this time of year. So, what's with that musicians? Come on and submit already! I need to go home the weekend of the 12th - so don't you dare wait until the last minute and then give me lots of processing work to do when I get back. That would just be plain mean.

After I finished processing I started listening to submissions again. My boss walked by and asked me if anything was interesting. Of course there really wasn't anything. But aha! A little bit into my EPK listening streak I hit these guys. They're called the Fine Lines and I think they are mighty fine. (haha. ... no really that's the best joke I got.)

The descriptions in their EPK threw around some comparisons to surefire, which I can only half agree with. The Fine Lines are a little less pop, but still good. (Surefire will always have a place in my heart for the acoustic on-air they did with me earlier this year.) After digging the music for a little while I found out they're 17. 17! I want to go to their concert later this month, but I'm feeling a little pervy just thinking about it. Not that perviness is a reason to miss out on good music (it's not).

Oh, and my boss is the manager for the Hold Steady. Random, no? but still kinda cool.

Well as my body is generally sore from heavy chair and water bottle lifting, I'm going to leave you with some honorable mentions and a tip.

Honorable Mentions from EPK listening:

oh and the end tip:
Feist is amazing. I know I'm a little behind the curve, but I just got the cd today and I'm thinking about hurting myself for not getting British Sea Power tickets before they sold out. Of course she was good with Kings of Convenience, but this cd is just ridiculous.

I bought Cold Roses today, too. My bank account is going to strangle me soon.

No comments:

can't stop... won't stop